PinkMemo.com is an online publication that covers the latest in fashion and luxury lifestyle in New York, Dallas and Los Angeles.
Maxine Trowbridge, owner of PinkMemo, wanted a website that not only discussed the hottest new styles but also fine dining and art.
- Develop an online luxury and lifestyle site: A website for affluent consumers, fashion lovers and style devotees.
- Content Management System: A robust content management system in Joomla to manage different categories, sub-categories, blogs, information, upcoming events, calendars and announcements.
- Events Modules: The client wanted to connect consumers, peers and brand-advertising clients through social events and social media networking.
- Custom Admin Panel and Dashboard: A user-friendly admin panel to create, update, upload and manage web content & images for news, upcoming events, press releases and sharing the posts on social media.
- Flash Enabled: Mixed use of flash and graphics for advertisements and pictures.
BluEnt reviewed PinkMemo's requirements and recommended a custom content management system. After several rounds of discussions, BluEnt proceeded for design and development.
We designed graphically rich CSS/xHTML-based templates with integrated flash elements and custom plug-ins for social media integration and features like "Choose a City", "Szish Dish", etc.
The CSS made the site function well, keeping the loading time to a minimum. BluEnt divided the project into 7 major sections (modules).
- Inside Story Section:
- All latest stories are posted in this section.
- The users can share stories, comment and view other users' comments.
- A user must be registered to comment or share stories.
- Old stories are archived and managed through admin panel.
- Event Section:
- Upcoming events, calendars and announcements are managed in admin panel.
- All old archived events are managed through admin.
- Blogs Section:
- Create, edit, upload and delete blogs.
- The latest blogs appear on the website and the old blogs are automatically archived.
- Old blogs can be re-published or unpublished through admin panel.
- Headlines Section:
- News content and descriptions are managed in admin panel.
- Latest headlines and news appear on the site.
- Old news is archived and managed through admin.
- Press Release Section:
- Press releases are managed through the admin panel.
- The latest press releases appear in the website and old PRs are automatically archived.
- All archived press releases can be unpublished through admin.
- Gallery Section:
- All latest images and videos are posted in this section.
- The users can share and rate an image or video.
- A user must be a registered to rate or share the images and videos.
- Old images are archived and managed through admin.
- Admin Section:
- Admin panel has an easy user interface, showing all the sections and modules.
- All sections like events, headlines, inside stories, blogs, press releases and images are managed through a user-friendly admin panel.
- Administrator can create, edit, upload, publish and remove anything in the website through the admin panel.
- xHTML and CSS
There was the limitation of designing web pages based on the content provided by the client. However, after various discussions with the client, it worked in everyone's favor. We customized various design elements to accommodate the content needs.
BluEnt responded quickly and developed a dynamic, comprehensive content management portal with capabilities to edit and publish content while maintaining data integrity.
The PinkMemo team was elated with the results and has established a long-term relationship with us.