GreatSkin.com specializes in online customized skincare. Founded in 1997, it is one of the first Internet retail e-commerce sales programs.
Aside from offering over 1,000 exclusive products, it has a rewards system and provides a detailed customized online skin analysis. This is further studied and interpreted by licensed aestheticians and physicians, who suggest skincare techniques and products to make your experience a fulfilling one.
Project Requirements - With a growing number of retail websites, GreatSkin faced a major drop in sales because of competition. Their existing website was not user-friendly, either.
What they needed was a neat design to categorize all their products, offer special discounts, encourage the frequent buyers club and establish a shopping history for each of its clients, which they could go back to whenever they wished.
Apart from these features, GreatSkin.com wanted to make their website more personal and interactive. They provided free skin care analysis to their users and helped them choose products. This needed more attention and user friendliness.
They were looking for a technology consultant who could identify, implement and manage their online store and technologies and that enable more effective communication between the storefront and customers.
They also wanted a solutions provider who would redesign the process, build and migrate the old database, optimize the website (SEO), enhance the branding and identity awareness online, and host the website.
"We have lost market share, lost Google standing, essentially lost everything in the past two years. This is very complex stuff and we have to have top notch functionality, beauty, appearance to compete," said Mark at GreatSkin.
GreatSkin had a frequent buyers club, a data base, 750 products (poorly categorized), a shopping cart, free shipping over a price, and sent out 11K targeted e-mails for specials weekly through Lyris list manager (e-mail blasts).
They approached BluEnt and sought our advice and solutions in the following areas:
- Storage of each client's profile of what they ordered, cumulatively with the company, forever.
- Database needs to be searchable by the client.
- Each product needs to be able to have a start rating by the clients.
- A blog and comment site by the client – a "kind of running blog with client input (highly interactive)".
- Links to GreatSkin Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites.
- Ability to upload new product descriptions and photos onto the e-commerce store on a daily basis and program things from the back office (specials, newsletters, content, etc.).
- Powerful e-mail Blast interface for sending out 11K targeted e-mails for weekly specials.
- Promotion of exclusive feature of skin analysis via friendlier tools and interface.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and social media appearance.
BluEnt followed a pre-set process to address all of their client's needs. Our marketing consultants began with understanding the target audience for the website. The BluEnt project head began work on developing a fully functional, user-friendly, and SEO-friendly ecommerce website that would encompass product retailing through the online storefront. It would also provide intuitive features to keep visitors coming back to the website.
- Most online sales happen from the home page. Hence, a simple navigation system to retail all products easily.
- BluEnt cleared the clutter from the existing website and placed each product under specified categories of Brand, Treatment, Product Type and Body Area.
- Developed a more user friendly shopping cart and introduced a wishlist cart. All products bought could be placed together for payment by clicking 'Add to Cart'. Another cart 'Add to Wishlist' stored all the products that the client wished to buy later from the website. Both were found easily, along with the details of the product.
- Convenient administration to simplify back-end processes like tracking orders, shipments, adding products & coupons, categorizing products, customer interaction via newsletters, bulk e-mails and more.
- Migrate and store new database of products and clients.
- Offered clients a more user-friendly profile, where they could view their history of purchases, track their orders, rate products, compare products and avail special discounts.
- Created a comfortable Skin Analysis procedure. Developed a simple form that generated quick and personalized analysis from experts.
- A blog and a comments section for clients to share their inputs on products and their problems to further engage with existing and potential clients.
- Generate client loyalty and stay ahead of competitors on social media portals by linking the website to their Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Increase SEO friendliness by identifying keywords and directing potential clients to their interested page instantly.
BluEnt's experienced team found Joomla best suited for the development of GreatSkin because of its dynamic nature. The features on the website need daily updates in products, details, newsletters, blog, etc., which can conveniently be done using Joomla technology.
All of GreatSkin's demands were met and new developments on the website were offered to catch up with its competitors and boost sales.
- LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- Adobe Suite
Before GreatSkin.com approached BluEnt, their sales were between $300–$400. After our services, their sales were boosted by 60% within the first three months of its launch.
Their Google ranking was twice as good as before, and they surpassed all their competitors in terms of navigation and user-friendliness. Lost clients came back and an array of new clients joined the bandwagon.
Maximum Value. Achieved.
GreatSkin now has no hassles or worries regarding its website's sales. They are a happy client who still values the solutions that BluEnt provided them.