Kung Fu Hustle
Online Contests and Campaign Management for The Kung Fu Hustle
HBO is a 24-hour English language movie channel in Asia with its HQ in Singapore. HBO brings the best of Hollywood by premiering top blockbuster movies on television, first in Asia, through 15+ studios and independent movie companies, including Paramount, NBC Universal and Warner Bros. HBO is the number one Movie channel in most countries around the globe and is synonymous to a sit home movie watching experience.
HBO Asia was once again looking for an IT solutions agency to conduct an online contest to announce and promote the premier of Kung Fu Hustle. The contest would drive interested candidates towards a specially designed online Kung Fu Hustle contest program where the participants had to register, fill forms and win the competition by participating in a specially designed Kung Fu Hustle quiz. Final winners would be selected on the basis of a random algorithm and receive special Kung Fu Hustle goodie bags from HBO. Despite the television promotion, HBO couldn't garner much interest among its audience. Later, it asked for an Internet Marketing plan to flack the contest and make it as big a success.
HBO’s requirements were of a webpage specially designed for the Kung Fu Hustle Premier-cum-Contest. Along with webpage designing and monitoring, they wanted the same agency to take complete responsibility for all Internet activities related to the contest. Webpage and Contest Content, Digital Marketing, Creating Database and selecting winners online were their needs from the agency.
HBO had organized an online contest to announce the grand premier of Batman and they sought BluEnt’s services to carry forward their grand plan. HBO saw through BluEnt’s passionate team, which left no stone unturned in making the Batman contest a grand success and approached us once again for their new Kung Fu Hustle Premier-cum-Contest. Their pleasant and appreciative experience brought them to collaborate with us expecting we would deliver the same extraordinary response generated in the previous project.
This HBO project was not very different from the previous one. BluEnt did not find any challenges it had not taken care of earlier. Though, despite the channel’s viewership and the movie’s popularity, it was unable to garner much interest among the movie buffs. Television promotions seemed to fail in alluring the audience. It was BluEnt’s responsibility to not just fulfill the mentioned requirements but also tackle with the various server hosting and promotional issues that arose.
- The webpage had to go live on a very short notice along with parallel promotional activities.
- Intense digital promotion had to be done to generate and attract participants.
- Once the participants began to traffic the webpage, hosting the server became a challenge for the unexpected turnout on the page.
- To turn the incoming traffic into registered participants was another challenge.
The BluEnt Approach
BluEnt had been there done that. We followed our routine process and set up a team consisting of a Project Head, Content Writer, HTML Programmer and an ASP Developer to fulfill HBO’s demands.
- HTML Prototyping for the special contest webpage was performed by our HTML expert.
- Gave the webpage a look that enhanced the theme and spirit of the movie and make it attractive.
- BluEnt’s team researched and created content for the page and the contest that would be accepted and appreciated by the movie lovers.
- BluEnt had to copiously advertise the contest on the internet to make the Kung Fu Hustle Premier and Contest a success. Considering television promotion was not garnering the expected results, we caught the audience sitting in front of computer screens.
- The developers used a specially designed algorithm to pick winners from the database for the contest.
- After the winners were picked, BluEnt offered the responsibility to deliver the goody bags to these winners on HBO’s behalf.
- BluEnt kept its client in the loop constantly by submitting detailed directory reports.
- MS ASP
- MS SQL
BluEnt’s solutions increased hits on the HBO Kung Fu Hustle webpage within days. They were sure of our swiftness and on time quality delivery, which they received. HBO came to us with expectations that were fulfilled to their optimum. The Kung Fu Hustle HBO contest saw increasing registrations by the day, mostly rooted from internet marketing activities. They were happy with the results and their viewership for the premier rose by three times their expected number.
HBO is still very appreciative of BluEnt’s efforts and trusts our solutions. The winners received their goody bags in time, leaving no room for complaints from either the participants or the client. Its dedicated team gives all that it has, to make the client’s BluEnt experience worthwhile. With HBO’s Kung Fu Hustle project, maximum value was achieved once again.