The Future of Cloud Software-As-A-Service
Sign up for our regular dose of informative blogs!
We have been cloud computing for a number of years, it is just we were not aware of the term. Gmail, Yahoo mail, Facebook, and Google docs are the simplest and widely used examples of cloud computing technology. It puts your entire computing technology (hardware and software both) online. You can store your data on the remote cloud and access your information from anywhere or anyone’s device with the help of internet connection. Cloud computing services charge their customers on a usage basis, hence it is called as “Software as a Service (SaaS)” also.
The Future Use Cases of Cloud SaaS
- Consolidated computing: Most of the large companies have several data centers, server farms, storage, and applications spread across the office branches worldwide, as a result, it is increasing the effective cost for the organization. To utilize the cost in an effective way, organizations have started consolidating these servers, data centers, and storage systems. Due to Centralized computing, Managed Service contracts are replaced with Cloud Service providers at a very lesser cost with less risk to consuming organization. Now the usage of the cloud is carefully monitored and measured, previously it was difficult to measure it based on IT spending.
- Automation and consistent processes: Centralized computer resources are now managed by fewer workforces due to heavy use of automation and consistent processes. As a result, it leads to a lower cost for the customers. Organizations now do not need to spend a huge amount behind sophisticated IT staff with Software as a service provider.
- The emergence of the private cloud: Though organizations are enjoying the cloud services today and using it at the maximum level, they do not have control over their computing resources. Organizations would like to own the data they collect and do everything with it that they please. To gain that control over the data, an organization will move to the private clouds. Also, cloud service providers are making a lot of money from companies that require a lot of computing power. Moving to a private cloud for such companies will be a part of the cost-cutting strategy with SaaS in cloud computing cloud technology. From cloud computing, now, organizations are gradually moving towards industry-specific clouds. Every industry has its unique needs and capability requirements; to meet those requirements every industry will have their specific cloud-based service. Those services will be developed based on industry-specific regulations.
- A new solution to the storage: In upcoming years, traditional storage provider will find it difficult to cope up. A cloud computing mentality will become a threat to the traditional backup software and hardware solutions. Backup solution vendors that have been creating and maintaining their mark will find it challenging to hold their ground with this new approach of software as a service business model.
- Accessing data securely: IT resources are fed up with providing multiple authentication details while accessing data. Organizations are realizing that there is a need to allow users to securely access data by providing minimum authentication information onto the system. This way organizations want to focus on the better user experience and harness software as a service advantage. Cloud implementation is adopted across industry boundaries; security concerns stand as one of the major obstacles for some firms from migrating to the cloud. Cloud providers need to couple with the capabilities of artificial intelligence and machine learning for security purposes. Today, the cloud is assisting most of the businesses in a number of ways irrespective of the size of the business and this is the reason why a massive number of businesses is moving towards the cloud. We can predict that in coming years more and more businesses will be migrating to the cloud.
Software as a service is pacing towards a bright future. With the leading enterprises having embraced SaaS cloud applications over on-premise software, it is the right way to utilize the software infrastructure on a need basis. Making a strong footing in the industry, SaaS has changed the way enterprises work today opening up new ways of growth for them. It is easy to advance today with unlimited excess to the best software that leads to sustained growth and newer opportunities coming their way. It has brought in automation and computational power to enterprises. BluEnt is a leading software development company in NYC. Our skills and expertise are counted upon in the market by big brands for software as a service architecture. Maximum Value. Achieved.