5 Things You Should Know Before You Hire An App Developer
Getting an app for your business post the spread of COVID-19 is less an option and more a necessity. It's not just about food deliveries and health monitoring. People are increasingly using apps to communicate with their coworkers, shop for clothes, and entertain themselves – and that's just the tip of the iceberg.
Developing an app isn't a picnic, though. There are several common issues that plague apps and cause them to fall flat, including but not limited to:
- Terrible user interface: Like it or not, people will judge a book by its cover. No matter how useful an app is, if it isn't easy to use or doesn't hold visual appeal, a user is likely to delete it.
- Poor encrypted connections: SSL/TLS connections are important because they encrypt data in transit. Ignoring it leads to diminished performance of the app.
- Inadequate platform plan: Which platform will you develop your app for, and more importantly, why? For instance, iOS is popular in the US, but may not be so in other countries. To get the most out of your app, you should be able to answer these questions.
App development, however, cannot be the domain of only app development specialists. From coding to design to promotion, app creation is a business imperative in itself.
So when you are mulling over hiring a web or mobile app developer, it's a good idea to keep the following points in mind:
- Join app communities and forums. This sounds rudimentary, but is worth noting. There are many app development communities and forums online that you can instantly join (for free, in most cases), thus availing the benefits of getting app developers in just a few hours. You can make apples-to-apples comparisons of quotes, their work samples, skill sets and design aptitude.
- Study their app portfolio in detail. Whether you are an established firm or a startup, your scope of work will vary contextually, based on your requirements. Dig out past apps that the app developer has designed, and figure out his or her 'knack' for working on multiple demanding projects (in terms of platforms and category) while meeting deadlines. Want to check out our work on apps? Click here.
- Pay attention to branding. While not all app developers know branding, it is absolutely crucial, given the existence of so many apps. Your app needs to stand out from the crowd to gain visibility. For an app developer, branding would mean a seamless user experience, exceptional design, and compelling copy writing. At BluEnt, we have a talented and friendly team who work on marketing (branding), design, and mobile app development.
- Pricing. This depends on whom you are hiring and from where. Unless you consider outsourcing to countries whose cost of living is lower than their Western counterparts', app developers can be expensive. The good news for you is: we have app developers working in different geographies based on your project requirements and budget; with our services, you will be in the best of hands.
- Focus on agility. This means hiring app developers who are able to keep up with the latest app and technology trends, and come up with newer 'avatars' of apps.
If you consider all these points, you're certain to make the right decision. And speaking of the right decision, you're looking at it! Are you a funded startup or mid-sized consulting firm looking for an app developer? Look no further! BluEnt's experienced web app developers create high-end apps tailored to your needs. We specialize in apps for healthcare, retail, audio/video calls, gaming, and e-commerce.
Contact us today to get started and take your business from good to spectacular.
Maximum Value, Achieved.