How To Create Professional Website Design
Design gets little credit for how big of a role it plays. Design is everywhere, your products, your business, your narrative. Design has the power to elevate a business' first impression on people.
If your design layout does not convey
- Your business attitude
- Your company's temperament of working
- The products or services provided by your business
It is poor design, which is one of the major reasons why some business' even with a high chance of success, fail.
As a start-up company it is essential to have a good website. If your client thinks your website is not up to the mark, they will not even give you the chance to talk to them. This is not just a loose statement but a fact. 48% people decide the credibility of a business by its website design.
Nobody wants to give a start-up a chance until they show them good reason if they can take up the responsibility assigned to them. Here's how with your website, you can avoid looking like an amateur to your clients: Contact us to know more about Digital Advertising Services email@example.com +1 832 476 8459 Request for Services
First and foremost, knowing your target group is what will help you get a better understanding of which area needs to be worked on, what to include and exclude, etc. People are different. One design does not fit all. You have to know who your business is catering to, depending on that, you get to choose the color, the theme, the vibe and also, the features you get to put in your website. Some parts of your website will appeal to different types of people. Take the example of a clothing company. The male catalog has to be completely different design-wise than the female catalog. Little things like that brings credibility to your business and leave a positive note in your clientele's minds. With this out of the way, let's see what makes a website, well designed:
- Customability: When it comes to having a website, it has to be unique as your business is. Templates are available everywhere on the Internet to build website and so you should have a customized website to stand out. Ask the professionals for help.
- Speed: Take a look at this image from Kissmetrics which shows the site abandonment rate depending on the website loading speed.
According to Hobo Web UK, studies show, webpages should load under 3 seconds or less. Another statistic shows that a menial one-minute delay can cause a $2.5 million loss in yearly sales, provided an e-commerce site is making $100,000 sales a day. The tortoise does not win against the rabbit this time.
- Clarity and spacing: Nobody likes the feeling of being suffocated. Lack of clarity and spacing is what we, at BluEnt call, Website Suffocation. No, we don't mean that when you open a website, it will automatically cover the user in a cloud of smoke, supernaturally. What we mean by website suffocation is basically feeling like there is too much information which makes the user feel anxious. That can be because of couple of things:
- One being that human beings scan content in an F type pattern.
- Squeezed content forces users to focus too hard which causes them to lose interest.
Negative spacing/blank white space is necessary to break the heavy load of information and giving them some sort of break from all the content they had to scan. Make your content precise and well-spaced. Give 'em a break!
- No infographic or everything infographic: You know how we've been taught, too less of something is bad and so is too much of something. Same concept should be followed when creating a website. A picture is definitely worth a thousand words, but there has to be a balance between pictures and content. If you have too little pictures, you will appear to be boring and monotonous. If you have too many, people will be doubtful about your business since they will not really get the vibe of seriousness. (unless of course your website is about selling art/photography/prints etc. then by all means, go for it.) Know how your clients respond to your website on the daily by having a customized CRM solution for your business.
- Easy navigation: Your users are not going to know what you do until you provide them with enough information. Your introduction cannot give an in-depth knowledge to your customers what you are all about as a business and so you need to have good navigation system established in your website. The easier navigation is, the better your customers like it. Keep it simple, keep it clear, keep it clean.
- Fonts: There are more fonts than Arial, Courier, Times New Roman, and (it should really be banned by now) Comic Sans Ms. (don't use this ever please) Fonts have a big part in portraying how you want to convey your message to your users.
Design does matter to your clients and it does matter to us. Take a look at the list of our happy clients who chose BluEnt for the wonderful array of practical and creative web app development services.
Together, we can make the most out of your website for your business.
Maximum Value, Achieved.